Product Portfolio Search *Search a small sampling of what we offer
Open Position: Paint Sprayer/ Burnishing – 1st Shift
Bruce Fox, Inc. – New Albany, IN
- Responsible for ensuring that work is performed in a consistent manner that results in defect-free products.
- Reads and understands work orders.
- Inspects for quality.
- Reads and measures with a ruler.
- Masks off certain areas on pieces before spraying.
- Sprays in an even and consistent manner.
- Sprays with various colors and match various antiquing shades.
- Cleans off any raised areas on pieces after spraying.
- Burnishes product to remove paint from “high spots” on the product.
- Applies lacquer-thinner, enamel reducer, or appropriate solution required to clean and polish products.
- Uses steel wool to remove scratches from the product.
- Applies light coat of paint as specified to be “burnished”.
- Operates the Satin Finish machine.
- Handles, stores, and transports products in a cautious manner to avoid tarnish, surface imperfections and damage.
- Runs Punch safely and efficiently
- Solders studs safely and efficiently
- Operates Drill Press safely and efficiently
- Runs shears (electric and air), uses band saws, grinders safely and efficiently
- Sands or Satin Finishes plates safely and efficiently
- Prepares product for transfer to the next step in the production process
- Reads and understands work orders, drawing(s) and customer order prior to starting work. Contacts Supervisor if there are any questions.
- Inspect materials prior to starting work. This includes checking piece count, finish, sizing, copy, personalization, color and/or any potential quality issues. Rejects or contact Supervisor if quality issues are present.
- Records or logs work start and stop times and records or logs the accurate amount of materials used in the process.
- Cross trains on other jobs in the department as required.
- Follows safety rules, policies, and procedures as required.
- High school diploma or GED (applicable technical experience may be substituted). Minimum of six consecutive months of experience in a manufacturing environment required.
- Prior use of hand tools, and painting using the air spray gun.
- Experience using measuring equipment.
- Ability to read and understand work instructions.
- Ability to use a computer.
- Must demonstrate very intense hand to eye coordination and attention to detail.
- Hand painting or craftwork extremely helpful.
Hours are 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Monday through Friday
Job Type: Full-time
- Use of a spray gun, painting: 1 year (Required)
- Hand painting: 1 year (Required)
- Utilization of measuring equipment: 1 year (Required)
- Demonstrated attention to detail: 1 year (Required)
- Auto or Industrial Painting: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- New Albany, IN 47150 (Required)
- One location
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off